After our day in the old city, we decided to take it easy. I was glad too because I was so very tired. After a lazy breakfast, Kadie decided she wasn’t being a good host if we didn’t do something outside the house. Her roommate suggested a quaint little place about 20 minutes down the road. This meant it was actually twice that far. She said there was an old tomb, a fish restaurant, and a zoo type place.
We got off the minibus on the side of the highway. Kadie called her roommate to clarify where we needed to go. We walked for about 15 minutes before coming to a hopping picnic place. There were people everywhere. We wandered around for a bit but never made it to the tomb. We did go into a random market in the middle of the village. It was so packed with people you would have thought it was Black Friday. The other thing I noticed was that the place had trash everywhere. There were obviously trashcans but no one bothered to find one.
After we walked around that area, we walked back the 15 minutes to the highway and crossed the road to go to the fish restaurant. They had bungalow type seating areas which I found charming. I typically like fish and I imagined the fish here would taste excellent. However, I’ve learned that fish here almost always still has the bones inside and I just can’t handle that. I was glad to hear there were other options. I ended up choosing the stir-fry type dish. Kadie chose the fish and it looked delicious but in order to eat the meat and not the bones, most of the seasoning was lost in the shuffle. I’m glad I didn’t go with the fish.
We got back to Kadie’s house and had some tea. Aunt Jamie and I had still not bought return tickets and the not knowing when I would be going home was wearing on me. During tea time, we found out that Kadie’s roommate would be leaving on Thursday which was when Aunt Jamie and I had loosely decided to head back home. If we left, it would leave Kadie at the apartment alone. Aunt Jamie asked if I could stay until Sunday. That was an extra FOUR days from what I had psyched myself up to staying. Luckily I had some friends planning to come to my city on Wednesday or Thursday. I felt bad about saying no to Kadie and Aunt Jamie but said I really needed to head home either Wednesday or Thursday. I told them that if Aunt Jamie wanted to stay longer, I was fine to leave on my own. They said they would discuss it.
After that, Kadie’s roommate, who is a musician, found out I play the piano. We ended up having a jam session together. She played violin and I tickled the plastic ivories. It was good for my soul. After that, Aunt Jamie turned on her Indian tv series again. I decided if this was going to be a regular occurrence, I might as well join her. I started asking questions about who was who and we bonded over this Indian tv series.
No comments:
Post a Comment