I have been thinking a lot lately how when trials, pain, suffering, tears, etc. come into my life, they are actually God’s mercy to me. When something hard or painful comes into my life, my first reaction is to be mad or angry that God would do something so mean to me. My mindset is shifting though. Isn’t it really his mercy that I’m still single? If I had married 10 years ago like I wanted, I would have missed out on deep intimacy with God among many other things. My friends recenlty left and it’s been hard and sad. But in their leaving, I am seeing chances to more fully depend on the Father alone than ever before. He is a good Father and good fathers are willing to say no or discipline their kids because they want them to be safe, healthy, and experience true life. Lamentations 3 says that God’s mercies are new every morning. I'm learning that pain is one of those new mercies.
No comments:
Post a Comment