My last post was called Stabundance and it was based on a verse from the Bible. The verse explains that God is my stability, abundance, and treasure. Since I have been more aware of these things, I am finding them more often. The last two weeks can only be described by the word abundance. I will do my best to recount all the evidences of abundance:
1. My kind roommate asked if I wanted to take a road trip to Illinois and pay for all the gas to
get there.
2. I managed to have a week with no work freeing me to take her up on her offer.
3. The weather on the drive there was beautiful.
4. And I got to listen to audiobooks while driving.
5. I had a really sweet conversation of truth with a good friend.
6. I got to watch the sunset as I sang praises.
7. My black tank top found.
8. My friend Jana gave up her bed for the week so I could get some uninterrupted rest.
9. A restful introvert morning to read and meditate.
10. A chance to visit with my friend Hannah.
11. Dinner provided by a college student.
12. Getting to discuss my passion.
13. Loving that video of Zekey reading the book and watching it again and again.
14. A whole day to rest and read and paint and blog. Sweetness cause "He restores my
soul."
15. Getting to discuss my journey and passion again.
16. Dinner provided by Jana.
17. Jana taking a vacation day to hang with me.
18. Watching falling snow all day.
19. Leftovers for lunch.
20. Finding knobs for my cabinet.
21. Jana treating me to my first ever Vietnamese meal.
22. And treating me to an All Sons & Daughters show.
23. Worshiping with All Sons & Daughters and Peoria believers.
24. In a really cool old ragtime theater. (I Geek Architecture.)
25. More time with Jana and chilling on the 4th day.
26. More leftovers for lunch and dinner.
27. Seeing Hannah a second time and mutual encouragement.
28. Leaving Peoria by sunset.
29. Saying goodbye but also the reminder that in the new creation, there will be no more
vacation blues or sad goodbyes but only ever increasing joy.
30. More time in the car with my roomie.
31. Our route traveled straight through Jodie’s city and I got to see her in person for the first
time in 4 years.
32. Finishing the trip and having only spent $20 on the whole thing.
33. Coming home to 3 small checks.
34. A restful weekend to add to one of the most restful weeks of my life proving that He does
indeed "lead me beside still waters."
35. Realizing I have some cash from selling stuff on eBay.
36. A chance to prepare for and share more about my passion.
37. And 34 people showing up to hear about my passion. What!?!?
38. So many yummy meatballs I may not be able to eat them all.
39. And not worrying that I don’t have paying work right now but trusting God will provide for
His work and for my needs in general.
40. And finding my income tax refund. "I shall not want."
41. And another 2 checks from people who believe in me and my passion. "He makes me
lie down in green pastures."
42. Did I really just get randomly paid for doing what I love and would do anyway?
Thankful. Thankful. Thankful. Thankful.
He is my abundance. And I am thankful.
"My cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Hopefully I won't have spiritual amnesia and forget this so quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment