Saturday, June 30, 2012

Greener Grasses of Hot Weather and No Air Conditioning

Alas, my air conditioner decided to quit working in triple degree weather and yet I am choosing to be thankful. My main reason for starting this blog was to recognize that I have a pretty sweet life in spite of troubles, difficulties or air conditioners breaking. So frequently I complain about my circumstances and I did my fair share of complaining yesterday but in reality I can look all around me and point out people who have it far worse than I do. Here is today’s list of why my grass is greener:
-My air conditioner will be fixed soon.
-My landlord will foot the bill for said air conditioner being repaired.
-I have a fan.
-I have shelter blocking out the scorching heat of the sun.
-I have cold water.
-I can go to other places with air conditioning.
-My friends living abroad in similar or hotter climates do not have the luxury of air conditioning.  I can pray for them to endure.
-I am not in the military in desert heat in full uniform.
One of my friends living abroad told me of a believer who was imprisoned because of his faith. As punishment, he was put in a cell in a very hot climate with the backs of several ac units blowing heat on him. Interestingly enough at night, rather than sleeping, he sang praises to God.  
I have no reasons to complain. May we all take a lesson from our brother and praise God in our difficulties no matter how small or great.

No comments:

Post a Comment