Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Study of Light Part 3


“Christ... entered darkness that I might have eternal life.”
“O that my every breath might be ecstatic praise”
-The Valley of Vision ‘LOVE LUSTRES AT CALVARY’ p.43
“I am the LORD, I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you, I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.”

“And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light...”
-Isaiah 42:6-7,16

“...we hope for light, and behold darkness, and for brightness, but we walk in gloom.  

“He [The LORD] saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no one to intercede; then his own arm brought salvation, and his righteousness upheld him.”

“And a redeemer will come...” -Isaiah 59:9-10, 16, 20
“Arise, shine for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.” 
"I am the LORD; in its time I will hasten it." -Isaiah 60:1-3,22

“He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him.” -Daniel 2:22

“Let the Spirit take charge of your mind, combing out tangles of deception.”  
“I want to inhabit all your moments...”  -Sarah Young Jesus Calling p.82

“Because I am infinite in all my ways, you need not fear that I will run out of resources. Abundance is at the very heart of who I am.” -Sarah Young Jesus Calling p.86

“Son of God, sweeten the colorless common of our days, into the deep sweet rich of you.  Drink of every day miracles.  He has revealed His glory.  Do you believe?”-Ann Voskamp Trail to the Tree Day 9

“Holy Spirit, You are welcome here, Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere, Your glory God is what our hearts long for, To be overcome by Your Presence Lord” -‘Holy Spirit’ by Bryan & Katie Torwalt

“And run to Him who... bled for us.”
“Come awake, come and rise up from the grave.”
“We are one with Him again.”
“O Church, come stand in the light 
The glory of God has defeated the night... our God is not dead, he’s alive!” 
-‘Christ is Risen’ by Matt Maher

“Waiting on Me means directing your attention to Me in hopeful anticipation of what I will do. It entails trusting Me with every fiber of your being, instead of trying to figure things out yourself. Waiting on Me is the way I designed you to live: all day, every day. I created you to stay conscious of Me as you go about your daily duties.” -Sarah Young Jesus Calling p.89
“For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end - it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.” -Habakkuk 2:3
“His brightness was like the light; rays flashed from his hand; and there he veiled his power.” - Habakkuk 3:4

[Martha focusing on facts about Lazarus being dead, particularly the stench.]
“Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?’” -John 11:41

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” -Matthew 5:14-16

“Dress us up in the blood of a Son Who opened up his veins so that we would overcome” -‘Dress Us Up’ by John Mark McMillan
“Hope is the only thing more powerful than fear.”  -President Snow in ‘The Hunger Games’


“In the middle of the mess, there is majesty
in the middle of my chest, is the King of Kings
While the world was waiting on A change to come along
Light broke in Coming like a song
All this glory... In the middle of the night, all this light
To the middle of our plight came the King of Kings
Jesus! God with us!
Jesus Christ has come and I’m undone”
-‘All This Glory’ by David Crowder Band


No comments:

Post a Comment