“Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.” - Hebrews 7:25
This time around when I was reading this verse, the part about intercession jumped out at me. He ALWAYS LIVES to make intercession for us. This means there is always someone on our side. There is someone 24/7 who is watching out for us. Satan and/or condemnation will come at us telling us we’re guilty. Yet Jesus is always there to scream back, “NOT GUILTY! Her sins have been paid in full by my blood.” What good news this is.
This makes me think of where I live. Muslims say they have an angel on their right and left shoulders. The right angel writes all of their good works down. The left angel writes all of their sins down. At the judgment, their good deeds and sins will be weighed. If the good outweighs the bad then probably they will go to heaven. There are certain things they believe they can do that will wipe out their sins up to the presence. If they go on the pilgrimage to Mecca, their sins up to the present will be wiped away.
Often, my friends here say things like they wish I would become a Muslim or ask if I want to become one. As I think about the judgment and the weighing of sins and good works, I realize that Jesus’ way is far better. He has taken my past, present, and FUTURE sins. This is a big difference in what they believe. The left side of my scale is eternally empty. The right side is no longer filled with my filthy, bloody, good works. Instead, it has been filled with Jesus’ perfect righteousness. I can be certain I will go to Heaven. What glorious good news.
No comments:
Post a Comment