I sat watching some dubbed over cartoons with my young friend. Suddenly I felt things shaking and at first I thought it was the wind. Then I realized that wind can’t shake the inside of my house like that. The entire building shook back and forth for several seconds. Wide eyed, my friend and I looked at each other and I asked if we had just felt an earthquake. She nodded. I asked if we should get outside. I figured she was more of the earthquake expert than I was since she has lived here longer. I ran to put on some warmer clothes. We looked from the balcony to see if others had fled the building. They hadn’t. We decided we would leave the building if we felt it shaking again.
I started searching online to see where the earthquake had happened. My friend sent a message and said there had been a 4.9 magnitude earthquake in a province about half an hour from us. After an hour or so, we felt the building shaking just slightly. The couch was moving a little and we could tell that the lamp and plants were shaking a tad. We felt this again half an hour after that. We learned there had been another one a little over 2 hours away. As far as I know, that was all of the tremors. I later learned that since we’re on the 6th floor, we felt the shaking much worse than someone on the first floor would have felt. I was thankful the shaking was very short lived!
 |
Fireworks from our balcony for a concert in the city center.
|
 |
Green almonds are the young, developing
fruit (nuts) of the almond tree that are eaten
whole when the shell has not yet hardened
and is still fuzzy, green and fleshy. I had one
but was not a fan of the tart flavor and fuzz.
|
 |
| Sunset from my back balcony |
 |
I had to draw 4 and these were the cards I drew. They were also my last 4 cards. Uno!
|
 |
| I liked this shirt. |
 |
I did not like this one. Reminds me of the Batscapades.
|
 |
Nothing quite like finding camel rides at the mall.
|
 |
| Easter picnic with friends |
 |
Tulips in bloom!
|
 |
| Tacos with friends! |
 |
This is a donut/funnel cake type treat called lokma. Locals give these out for free in an effort to earn good works. |
 |
The lokma stand on my street. See the folks lined up for the treat. |
 |
| Lokma stand |
 |
This was from today. Yes, it snowed at the end of April. No I was not excited to see the snow or more importantly the cold weather. |
No comments:
Post a Comment