Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Journey Continues with Grace

Well, I’m about a month and a half into my new journey of life without my old job. I have had challenges along the way but mostly I am grateful as I see God’s hand of grace in giving me this new season. Some of the graces are listed below:   

-Getting to cook and eat and share fresh, healthier food from home often.

-Thus far my income has exceeded my living expenses even though I'm averaging about 10 hours a week. God is faithful.

-Realizing I had bought up many birthday gifts earlier in the year and now do not have that expense.

-Learning to be flexible since ALL my plans are up in the air, learning to deal with this form of stress since I am a meticulous planner.

-Overseas adventure preparations are TIME consuming and I have time to complete those things.

-Getting to ride my bike around town because I am not rushed.

-Time to read and paint at the park in the beautiful sunshine.

-Not having to rush to shower and spend time with Jesus in the mornings.

-No need to shower everyday. 


Mid-day opportunities to hang out with and/or serve others that would not have been possible with my old job:

-Mid-afternoon birthday celebration

-A chance to help out at Windows on the World

-A chance to be available to help with preparations for my sister’s wedding

-Another mid-day birthday celebration

-Mid-day interview

-Getting to watch a mid-day movie with my cousin on her birthday

-Last minute lunch date at the park with Erin and Luke

-Getting to see my niece graduate from kindergarten this coming week

Travels, travels, and more travels:

-Hunting trip with my dad on a Monday and Tuesday

-Going to a weeknight concert without dreading the next work morning

-Virginia Creeper Trail travels

-Amusement park week/end trip with my best friend, long overdue

No comments:

Post a Comment